5.21.2008

taking the hits


This city all over again

pulling my arms, pulling me in

to this glowing hot waffle iron grid


"C'mere bitch! You thought you could leave?"

hit me with an SUV

bike smashed

arms scraped

and I walk away


How have I lived this long?

How did I survive that with only a scrape?

What am I doing living in this hostile place?


I could bark a million questions into the wind

hear a million voices echo within

and still I'd keep taking the hits


this city is a fist and I'm black and blue

a bloody pulp still beat until dry

but these tears held in

too many reasons to cry

a broken heart

a broken mind

broken dreams and 8 million lies


I surrender to you, New York

I care not to try

your game is hollow

your only virtue: pride

destroy me while you can

this bloody mess you've made of a pure hearted man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool. i like it. keep on taking them, & keep on writing, you only get stronger while the city decays.