Bueno.
I met up with [name omitted] at the house, we ate quickly, changed into outfits better suited to the occasion (see photos below), and hauled over to the UES in a cab and then by train. When we arrived there was a huge line of people wrapping all the way around the block and these were the people with invitations - which we didn't even have. Though [name omitted] knew a artist already inside and on the VIP list and felt confident that we could get in. We tried the front entrance, walking around the line to the very front but the boleteros wouldn't hear any of it. We thought for a minute about what to do and then [name omitted] decided we should check the back entrance (for VIPs with invites). Sure enough, there was a line and more unbending boleteros. Once they let in the group of VIPs waiting we made our move. I can't give away all the details of how we got in because this is a "public" blog but I will say that it wasn't easy and we had to be persistent, but it all paid off and we were escorted into the museum, past all the ticket checks and right into the main lobby. BADA-BING-BIATCH!
It was quite a little rush and once we were in we were beaming. The art was very... contemporary. Haha. No, I enjoyed it. I prefer contemporary art and the exhibition was overall an impressive collection of what's happening in the forefront of American art. We chatted with [name omitted]'s artist friends and acquaintances, sipped some wine, browsed the art and the people, and had an amusing time at one of america's better known art scenes.
Thanks [name omitted] for such a great night!





NOTICE: the names of those involved have been removed by request for issues regarding safety and privacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment