Today my colleague (the guy who got me the job) asked me if I had experience in the food and hospitality industry because I really seemed to know how to work with the caterers and manage the dining area in Gotham Hall where all the crew and staff eat various meals throughout the day (which is one of my main duties). I didn't even make the connection until he said that, but I suppose all that time working at Marc's European Grill is lending itself to micro-management elsewhere, whether I'm conscious of it or not. After admitting my repertoire I was like, okay, I have done something like this before - and I whipped that little production dining room into shape. People took notice. Things went smoother after that.
Photos of the day:
This is the production office room / dressing room / sewing room / fittings, etc.
You can see the G-Star line on all the racks (each model has a rack). There's a security guard stationed in this room just to protect the garments.

I had to walk to the Dylan Hotel (E 41st between Madison and Park) to confirm the check-in process for the models, who I'll be transporting from the airport to the hotel tomorrow night. On my way I passed by Bryant Park, where the official fashion shows are held in the notorious white tents. Here's of shot of the tents with crazy skyscrapers in the background.

Finally, to promote biking as an alternative form of transportation, Donna Karan/ DKNY partnered with the New York City Dept. of Transportation to place bright neon orange bicycles throughout the city. This one was along 42nd Street near Bryant Park. They're chained down, but they're bright as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if they literally glow in the dark. But why does Donna Karan care about alternative forms of transportation? especially biking, which is so not fashionable.
High fashion carbon credits? Green washing? non-fashion transportation statement?BTW, I love that there's a hummer, an SUV, and a pick-up on the street behind the bike!
No comments:
Post a Comment