2.01.2008

FASHION WEEK - DAY 1: Rain all over my parade

I worked a twelve hour day today. It rained for 10 of those 12 hours and for some of that time I was out in the rain, dropping off nextel phones, picking up packages, and unloading G-Star clothes and furniture (yes, they shipped their own furniture to furnish the VIP rooms because they didn't like what was in there). I'm striving to get over a nasty cold that declared war on my body at the worst possible time. Basically, today was my intro day and it would have been fine if I'd felt fine, but it was miserable. Okay. That might be an exaggeration. I drank a lot of hot tea, and ate three catered meals that were decent. The work I'm doing is a step up from what a PA (production assistant) would do on a movie set - yeah, they're pretty much the gophers (is that the right term?), running around doing all the little tasks that pop up unexpectedly. My duties are a little more set and they'll become more so as the week goes on. So, again, I guess I'm exaggerating. There are 3 PAs on site and I'm not one of them. But I lend a hand where I can because at certain points in the day there's some down time. Anyways, I need to sleep so I can do the whole 12 hour day again tomorrow. Below are some photos of setting up in Gotham Hall - where the show will take place, and one photo of what I saw when I looked up upon exiting the building tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not allowed to complain about rain... There are weeks on end here in the wonderful NW where all I have seen is rain. It is something that friends and family back in NM don't understand how I could love it, but it would not be so wonderfully green and beautiful up here if there wasn't so much moisture. So next time you are riding you bike in the rain, feeling slightly miserable, remember that I am on the other side of the nation probably walking through a similar amount of moisture that hasn't stopped for more than a two day period in over 3 months. Love you and miss you horribly!!