how many times can it be said: it's all coming to an end
say it every day, see it every day
it's all coming to an end, it must come to an end
how many times can it be said before it ends?
ending is a process
the beginning of the end is where we stand
what can be accomplished at the end of empire that doesn't end with empire?
what, if anything, will remain?
certainty has been shattered
the paved road that stretches out before me is deteriorating into the horizon
the road does not continue, does not get better
it ends in a time and place without roads and where roads cannot go
our patch of the universe is transforming into something yet unknowable
all I can see is the end of what I know – nothing beyond
all I can say is that it's all coming to an end
5.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment