here, as it all unwinds:
walking these solid canyon streets of brick and stone where fallen petals blow
with trash and viscous limbs of trees stretching and swaying above broken concrete
in what direction should I go? jobless, aimless, restless and remiss
to get back on track with a life I don't miss
my mission forsaken
my soul overtaken by gilded dreams that once raised my head to heaven
and my body to labor
to toil
a slave to an empire floating on oil
break it all down, each brick and carrot on a stick
see past this trebuchet of tricks
beyond this civilized glitz and ignorant bliss
the earth, the land I love and miss
eaten, beaten and raped
by a mongrel species of malevolent ape
here I draw a line, between me and the street
from this moment on I will no longer walk that way
day by day remove from me
these customs of control, glutton and greed
walk away from the towers
to the end of all streets
onto the land that lives beneath
stars that guide the aboriginal mind
into a rhythm in tune with all life
rejoin the tribe
unite
here is what i understand:
that man does not hold the power in hand
to live free of the world upon which he stands
nor the power to hold, to push and to pull
the delicate and diverse parts of a whole
into a separate order to serve his own
man must dance for rain
live at the mercy of the clouds
be ally with the ants
flow with the order of the earth
and the arch of the sun
live simply
take only what is given
and give back to thank
keep the balance
listen to the waves
live with with Life
and if not, Life will remind him
Life will revolt
by sea and storm
fire and plague
triumph over science
and trivialize his technological tricks
show him he is powerless
ignorant and insignificant
to the great order
the protector of Life
Life itself is a thing alive
intent to preserve living
modern man has become a cancer to Life
a mutation that has turned against the body
here is what I know:
repent and find balance or perish
here i stand
my back to the street
against the city
ready to leap
4.29.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweetness to my ears. I want to watch it all come down. We have succumb to hubris, and Nemesis is waiting!
Post a Comment