
|||hotter than sin, this mess we're all in
|||streets that stink of decaying flesh
|||heat waves and blackouts
|||make summer daze
|||/lost in island asphalt haze

Looks like I'm staying in the city for the summer. Hot yoga taught me to appreciate sweat. I bike through the hot streets, cars pass like scorching bullets ready to burn, breathing out blistering machine blown air in my face. Children play in the sun and whatever water they can find, splashing in the gutters with their bare feet. The parks are a pathetic paradise. In the shade of the London Plane, a sanctuary from the drone of the city and the length of the day.
I'll be moving into a new living situation in August. I'm looking forward to it. I want to have a positive home-life before I kick this city to the sea and plant myself on a farm far away from the clutches of this culture. Besides, it's a sinking ship anyways and I can't really stand to watch them add another "new" ("green") coat of paint to this rusty hollow hull and try to sell it as salvation. New York City... still re-inventing the wheel after all these years.... and people are still buying it....
A lesson learned: never trust a smoker. anyone who is willing to harm themselves will have no problem harming others. truth.
if you're reading this and you're a smoker, take care of yourself, love whoever you are, love life. There's no need to harm yourself. The only way you can truly care for others is if you first learn to care for yourself. It's never too late to turn things around. Start today. Start right now. Find your inner beauty and fall in love. You'll never hurt what you appreciate and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment