11.11.2008

today i bleed

still wearing all these wires and heart strings

despite a deeper knowing and a wider perspective

today I bleed

within this mess of amassed flesh

a beating mind set 9-to-5, sleep, wake, eat

to survive these streets and the dissipate heat

I BLEED! I want to yell into these cold canyon streets, "I BLEED!"

these words are escaping through clicks at finger tips

swift as the leaves swirl over pavement when trucks pass

out a gaping hole in this hollow hull

"the first steer rolled out on the floor to be bled, skinned, and dressed"

BLOOD LET

let go notions writ in stone that stone begets stoic men with stone minds

spouting, spewing, spillage

sometimes it's gonna hurt

seeping dry from bloodshot eyes

that stones and scabs like dams to defy

could it be so wrong to feel the weight of this world

drain from flesh and drip from mind

what crime! what crime!

to be alive and never cry

No comments: